In many parts of the world, rice is the staple food. Actually, rice is the source of more than a fifth of the total calories being consume around the world. Rice comes in different varieties like aromatic rice, known as the delicious aroma. Some examples are the jasmine rice, brown rice, basmati rice, taxmati rice, wehani rice and red rice. In Western countries the basmati rice is becoming more common. This long-grain rice has a nut flavor and the grains are longer than other varieties of rice. Basmati rice can be found in the Himalayas. Here are some of the basmati rice nutrition facts.
Nutrition Facts Of Basmati Rice
The rice nutrition facts include proteins, carbohydrates, fats, fiber, vitamins and minerals. Cooked basmati rice can give around 205 calories. It can contain 44.5g carbohydrates. It also has iron, niacin, thiamine, and dietary fiber. Since the brown rice is less process than the white rice, there are other nutrients that found more in brown basmati rice than its white counterpart. An example is the higher vitamin B content of brown basmati rice.
Rice in general also has health benefits besides the basmati rice nutrition facts. Rice is very rich in proteins, and thus helps in the repair and growth of muscles. It is a good source of energy. It keeps the digestive system regulated. It assists to make the immune system is strong. It can support in the reduction of high blood pressure. The rice is diuretic. Problems with constipation can be relieve. Rice is free of fat cholesterol and thus it is not going to increase the chances of heart disease risks. Another thing that is good about rice is that it is free of gluten. There are people who cannot intake gluten because they are allergic to it. Since rice is gluten free they can eat rice and get the health benefits as well.
More About Basmati Rice Nutrition Facts
- Why Mom Was Right About White Rice Nutrition Facts
- The Evolution of Brown Rice Nutrition Facts
- Why Rice Nutrition Facts Will Change Your Life
- Facts About Basmati Rice Nutrition That Will Impress Your Friends
- Rice Calories: Where Can You Possibly Save?
- How Did Calories in Rice Become the Best? Find Out.
- The Benefits of Rice Nutrition
- Learning The Rice Nutrition Facts
- How Nutrition Facts of White Rice Makes You a Better Lover
- Why Nutrition Facts Rice is Sexy
- More Post On Food Nutrition