Blueberries are one of the most iconic fruits around. They are used in jam, jellies, cereals, pancakes, and of course blueberry muffins. Blueberries can be eaten fresh, frozen, or even turned into blueberry wine. Along with their delicious taste, blueberries are also full of nutrients, vitamins and minerals, as well as many antioxidants. For many of us who may be on low calorie diets, we need to know how many calories in blueberries in order to plan your meals and snacks.
The chart below lists how many calories are in blueberries, along with the carbs, fat and protein in blueberries. This table lists the quantities for raw, fresh blueberries, rather than from canned blueberries. These figures are provided by the USDA National Nutrient Database which conducts research into the nutritional quantities of various foods, both raw and processed.
|Quantity of Blueberries||Calories||Carbohydrate||Fat||Protein|
|100g Raw Fresh Blueberries||57||14.5g||0.33g||0.74g|
|1 Cup Raw Fresh Blueberries 148g||84||21.45g||0.49g||1.1g|
As we can see from the table above, the calories in blueberries are actually very moderate. 1 cup of blueberries contains just 84 calories, slightly less than a mango which has 99 calories per cup, and about the same calories as a small apple. Blueberries are also about 14% carbohydrate, which is a reasonably low percentage, even for fruit. Blueberries are also extremely low in fat, which is of course good news! They are also low in protein however, which means that you will usually need to get protein from another source such as chicken breast or eggs.
How Many Calories in a Blueberry Muffin
Because the question gets asked a lot, we have also included the list of how many calories in a blueberry muffin. Keep in mind though that just because a blueberry muffin has fruit in it doesn’t make it healthy! The calories in a blueberry muffin mainly come from the fats and also the flour used to make them, rather than from the small amount of calories in the blueberries themselves.
|Size of Blueberry Muffin||Calories||Carbohydrate||Fat||Protein|
|Per 100g of Blueberry Muffin||393||49.5g||19.2g||7.3g|
|Per oz of Blueberry Muffin||111||14g||5.4g||1.5g|
As the table above shows, just because a snack has fruit in it doesn’t mean that the food is low fat or healthy (unfortunately!). If you are on a low calorie diet or are counting calories for any other reason. Keep in mind that you can eat about 6 times as many blueberries (by weight) than you can blueberry muffins for the same amount of calories. That’s the benefit of natural food and the low calories in fruit!
How Many Vitamins in Blueberries?
Along with the calories in blueberries, there are also plenty of vitamins. The vitamins in 1 cup of blueberries are listed below:
- Vitamin A – 217 IU
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine) – 0.055 mg
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) – 0.061 mg
- Niacin – 0.08 mg
- Folate – 9 mcg
- Pantothenic Acid – 0.184 mg
- Vitamin B6 – 0.077 mg
- Vitamin C – 14.4 mg
- Vitamin E – 2.29 mg
- Vitamin K – 28.6 mcg
Minerals in Blueberries
As well as the calories and vitamins in blueberries, there are also plenty of minerals and other nutrients. The amount of minerals in a cup of blueberries is listed on the table below:
- Potassium – 114 mg
- Phosphorus – 18 mg
- Magnesium – 9 mg
- Calcium – 9 mg
- Sodium – 1 mg
- Iron – 0.41 mg
- Selenium 0.1 mcg
- Manganese – 0.497 mg
- Zinc – 0.24 mg
How Many Calories in Blueberries
Blueberries are a delicious and nutritious fruit, filled with nutrients, vitamins, antioxidants, and all with the low calories that blueberries contain as well. Blueberries are also low fat, making them a great treat for kids; much better than sugar filled candies, chocolate, or a donut. Fresh fruit and vegetables are an important. In addition to anyone’s eating plan or diet, even for those of us that are calorie counting or even carb counting.
If you want to know how many calories you should eat a day, then you can use this “calories calculator” or “calories counter”. This calculator will help you decide how much many calories you should eat a day to either lose weight, maintain your weight, or gain weight. Once you know your calorie needs, you will be better able to monitor your daily calorie intake. And it also makes it easier to work out how many calories you need to burn. Through exercise to keep on you body weight target.
Related Page About Calories in Blueberries
- Why Cranberry Juice Benefits is the Secret Ingredient
- Health Benefits of Strawberries for Your Health and Beauty
- Why Health Benefits of Blueberries are the Secret Ingredient
- Folk Remedies for Improving Your Life Using Only Calories in Strawberries
- Facts About Calories in Blueberries That’ll Keep You Up at Night
- Strawberries Health Benefits & Nutritional Value
- Facts About Calories In Strawberries That’ll Keep You Up at Night
- Why No One Talks About Carbs In Strawberries Anymore
- How to Cheat at Strawberries Nutrition Facts and Get Away with It
- Strawberry Nutrition in your Diet
- What Everyone Is Saying About Strawberry Nutrition
- Strawberry Nutrition Insights
- What Everyone Is Saying About Blueberry Nutrition Facts
- Why You’ll Never Succeed at Blueberries Nutrition Facts
- Shocking Ways Strawberries Calories Will Make You Better in Bed
- Facts About Blackberries Nutrition Facts That Will Impress Your Friends
- Why Raspberries Nutrition Facts Will Make You Question Everything
- Why No One Talks About Strawberry Nutrition Facts Anymore