Coconut water health benefits and nutrition facts. Coconut water is the milky white liquid that is found inside the coconut. It is very refreshing and provides lots of nutrients and few calories. It can help in improving health and fitness. Most of us drink coconut water occasionally and wonder what is it good for.
Coconut water health benefits :
- Coconut water for electrolytes : Coconut water is light and is much more nutritious than mineral water. It provides potassium and sodium. These electrolytes are essential in communication between nerves. When there is lack of electrolytes, then the nerves become weak and muscles may cause cramps.
- Coconut water helps in reducing blood pressure. People who have high blood pressure can drink this water to get its benefits.
- Heart health : Potassium is provided by coconut water which boosts heart health. People who have heart disease can avail these benefits.
- Low calories : Coconut water nutrition facts has very few calories. This can help in weight loss.
- Hydration Power : Coconut water is great for hydrating the body. By drinking it, one can improve the amount of water held up in the body to some extent. This water stored up in cells improves performance of each cell, making the body more efficient.
- It kills the intestinal parasites : Coconut water has a toxic effect on the parasites and worms that stay in the intestine. They absorb nutrients from the intestine to support themselves and increase their size.
- It relieves constipation naturally because it contains dietary fiber. Taking it with coconut chips can be even better because we get the nutrients of coconut too.
- Kidney stones : Coconut water can reduce the size of kidney stones, gradually grinding them in size. In some time, they become small enough to pass out through the narrow tubes.
- Washing wounds : This liquid has antibacterial effect which makes it good for washing wounds.
Health benefits of coconut water for skin :
Coconut water can be applied directly to the skin for its excellent benefits.
- It prevents fungal skin infections because it is anti-fungal in nature.
- Coconut water can reduce stretch marks and reduce cellulite.
- Coconut water may also be helpful in relieving acne scars.
- This water also helps in improving the appearance of nails. Dipping the feet and hands in coconut water is a great remedy for brightening and nourishing the nails.
Coconut water is also rich in dietary mineral magnesium which improves the functioning of blood vessels and helps the heart muscles in performing better. Magnesium seems to have an even more deep rooted and important effect on the genes and their role in health.
Coconut water nutrition facts :
- Besides magnesium, coconut water is also a good source of manganese , potassium and calcium. It provides some vitamins like Vitamin C and Vitamin B 2. Overall , it provides some fats, carbohydrates and even some proteins.
- Coconut water is a great way to get cool on hot summer days It can be accompanied with meals. The nutritional qualities of fresh coconut water from young coconuts can be much different from that of packaged coconut water, so read the nutrient information carefully before drinking.