Cucumber is one of the best foods that you can eat if you want to lose weight. Cucumber is very low in calories, yet is packed with many essential vitamins and minerals which help your body function properly. Consequently, when you’re on a calorie-restricted diet, cucumber (along with other vegetables) should be a staple of your diet.
One large cucumber provides approximately 34 calories. For most people, 34 calories is only about 1-2% of recommended daily intake of calories. As a result, even if you’re on a diet where you limit your calorie intake, even eating a few cucumbers a day (which is highly unlikely because cucumber is satiating) won’t make a big difference when it comes to your daily calories.
It won’t make a big difference when it comes to calories, but it’ll definitely help your body function well and even help you lose weight more quickly. Here are 3 ways cucumber can help you lose weight:
1. Benefits of high content of dietary fiber
Cucumber (especially with peel) is high in dietary fiber which improves digestion and increases your post-meal satiety. So when you’re hungry, you should eat a cucumber – dietary fiber will quickly make you feel full. Dietary fiber can also help reduce cholesterol and triglycerides levels. The more obese you are, the higher your cholesterol and triglycerides levels and the higher your risk of heart disease.
2. Vitamins and minerals which help your body work well
Cucumber is a great source of many essential for your body nutrients such as vitamin K, vitamin C, potassium, copper, folate, manganese and magnesium which help your body function properly. A deficiency of most important vitamins and minerals can severely affect your body’s ability to recover, maintain healthy cholesterol and blood sugar levels and even burn fat.
Moreover, some vitamins and minerals found in cucumber are responsible for energy production. Deficiency of these nutrients can make you tired which can also impact your diet – it’s hard to get enough exercise if you’re constantly tired.
3. Diuretic effect of potassium and water
Cucumber is rich in potassium and is 95% water, so it has a diuretic effect. Consequently, eating cucumbers can help you lose water weight and make you look less “puffy”. As you can see, cucumber is unquestionably one of the best weight loss foods. If you want to lose weight, you should definitely include it in your daily menu!
More Similar Post Like Cucumber and Weight Loss
- How Nutritional Information Banana Makes You a Better Lover
- Other Post on Fruit Nutrition Categories
- Myths Uncovered About Pineapple Nutrition Facts
- What is the Content of Bromelain in Pineapple
- Five Reasons For Taking Advantage of Beetroot Health Benefits
- Baking Soda Nutrition Facts and Its Health Benefits
- Facts about Argan Oil Nutrition and Its Health Benefits
- Moringa Nutrition Facts and Its Health Benefits
- Cucumber Nutrition Facts and Health Benefits
- 7 Health Benefits of Cucumber
- How Many Calories in a Cucumber
- Vitamins and Minerals in Cucumber