So, you are not fond of vegetables? Well, you are not alone out there. Most people, especially kids turn up their nose when discussing vegetable dishes. Although loaded with vitamins and mineral, it seems the greens still fail to excite the taste buds of many people. Is there a way out to motivate people on eating vegetables? Try oven roasted vegetables.
While steamed vegetables are looked upon as the healthiest way to take in vegetables, oven roasted vegetables are equally healthy. Besides they are very easy and simple to dish out. All you need to do is just pick up a few of the colorful vegetables of your choice, add a dash of olive oil and some seasoning and put them all in the oven in a baking tray. Soon the aroma of these vegetables getting roasted will fill your home and look great too!
Over roasted vegetables are not only good to taste and look at, these also preserve the natural nutrients of and brings out the natural sweetness of the vegetables.
Common Oven Roasted Vegetables
While you can literally take any of the vegetable for roasting in oven, a couple of the common names are Butternut squash, Mushrooms, Zucchini, eggplant, Bell peppers, Potatoes and onion. You can dice; chop, cube or half them before roasting. To enhance the taste of these roasted vegetables, it is common to see people adding a few aromatic herbs like thyme, Rosemary etc. For seasoning, salt and pepper are used along with a little oil.
How to roast the vegetables in oven?
- Pick the vegetables of your choice. A good choice would be to add colorful vegetable like the red, yellow and green peppers. You can add asparagus, root vegetables, squash and zucchini.
- Before roasting just wash and clean the vegetables. Keep in mind to cut the different vegetables into uniform pieces for even baking. Take a good knife to slice your vegetables.
- Preheat the oven and set it to 400 degrees when roasting as most vegetables roast well at that temperature.
- Place all the diced and cubed vegetables in a bowl and dress them up. Add a few tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle the seasoning of salt and pepper on them. You can add any herbs of your choice. Toss the vegetable to coat them well with the oil and seasoning.
- Take the roasting pan and grease the bottom. Place the vegetables carefully in a single layer in the roasting pan. Put the pan in the middle rack
- Â Roast the vegetable for about 15 minutes. Toss them and stir them and roast for another 15 minutes.
A few tips when roasting vegetables
- Cut the vegetable into uniform sizes
- Vegetables of higher density like potatoes carrots, beets take longer to roast. So roast them separately or parboil them first.
- The vegetables can be roasted alone too.
More Similar Post Like Oven Roasted Vegetables
- Do you Really Need Digestive Enzyme Supplements and Probiotics?
- The Truth about Digestive Bacteria Supplements
- What you Need to Know about Dairy Digestive Supplements
- Kiwi Fruit Nutrition Facts – Raw Power for Better Health
- Beetroot Juice Benefits
- Beetroot Benefits – The amazing beetroot
- How Vegetables are Roasted
- Roasted Green Beans
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Roasted Red Peppers