Quinoa or scientifically known as Chenopodium quinoa is the name of a seed of a plant which is rich in nutrients and other goodness. This seed is also referred to as the Superfood, due to its content of healthy nutrients. The taste of quinoa is very nutty-like flavor because it is almost similar to grains but slightly better. Quinoa is pronounced Keen-wah. It is a pseudo-cereal seed that can be consumed like natural seeds, though Quinoa has a higher nutrients level than grains. Its crunchy texture can be consumed by anyone who is sensitive to gluten or wheat because it is gluten-free. These are quinoa nutritional facts that you must know before consuming.
Cooked Quinoa Nutritional Facts
Quinoa can be consumed in two different ways, cooked and uncooked. Each process has different quinoa nutritional facts due to the different process of cooking. The cooked quinoa contains water, carbohydrate, protein, and fat. Approximately 71,6% water, 21,3% carbohydrates, 4,4% protein, and 1,92% fat. 185 grams of cooked quinoa will give you 222 calories. Compared to brown rice and yellow corn, cooked quinoa consists of 2,8% fiber which is relatively higher than those two in comparison. That is why quinoa is also an excellent source of fiber; suggested to be consumed as cereal if you want to.
Uncooked Quinoa Nutritional Facts
On the contrary, the uncooked quinoa gives you 368 calories in 100 grams serving. It consists of 13% of water, 14,1g protein, 64,2 g carbs with a high 7g of fiber. It also contains 6,1g fat with only 0,71g saturated fat.
The Health Benefits of Quinoa Nutritional Facts: Lower Blood Sugar Level
Lower blood sugar levels because quinoa can reduce the risk of diabetes and heart disease. Quinoa lowered both blood triglycerides and free fatty acids and had a smaller impact on blood sugar levels than gluten-free pasta, gluten-free bread, and traditional bread. The truth is it lowers the level by up to 10% which is a significant number.
More Similar Post Like Quinoa Nutritional Facts And Health Benefits
- Everything You Need To Know About Quinoa Nutrition Facts
- About Health Benefits of Quinoa Your Kids Don’t Want You to Know
- The Best Ways to Utilize Quinoa Health Benefits
- How Did Nutrition Facts Quinoa Become the Best? Find Out.
- The High Protein Puffed Quinoa Nutrition Facts
- What Are The Red Quinoa Nutrition Facts And Its Benefits?
- The Nutrition Facts Quinoa: What’s On Quinoa?
- The Ancient Harvest Quinoa Pasta Nutrition Facts
- Check the Cooked Quinoa Nutrition Facts for Your Daily Supply
- White Rice Vs Quinoa Nutrition Facts
- More Post On Food Nutrition
- More Post on Seed Nutrition
- Nutritional Facts of Quinoa