Yucca is also known as cassava which has the tubular shape and has a similarity to sweet potatoes. Yucca is usually served as the side dish which is sliced up and made into chips or pancake just like the potato pancake. This vegetable is from South America. Yucca is low in fat and has plenty amounts of minerals and vitamins. The following below are going to be the further explanation about Yucca vegetable nutrition facts.
Yucca Vegetable Nutrition Facts
Cholesterol and Fat
The foods that contain high cholesterol and fat are dangerous for body health because they lead to clogged arteries and high risk of heart disease. But do not worry about consuming Yucca, this vegetable does not have those unhealthy things which are cholesterol free. It is better to consume Yucca without any additional items such as butter. Because, by adding one tablespoon butter to your yucca root, it will alter the cholesterol and fat content about over 31 milligrams of cholesterol and 7 grams of saturated fat.
One of yucca vegetable nutrition facts is Yucca contains the moderate amount of dietary fiber which helps to prevent constipation, reduce the risk of high cholesterol, and stabilize blood sugar levels. You are recommended to consume at least 20 grams (for women) and 20 grams (for men) of fiber a day. You can eat yucca with other vegetables like cauliflower, beans, broccoli, or Brussels sprout that will make your side dish has high-fiber.
Antioxidants power can be seen by the color of food. Likewise, yucca, the vegetables with white pigmentation contain anthoxanthins as their antioxidants. According to nutrition specialist Julie Garden-Robinson, that type of antioxidants helps reduce the risk of stomach cancer, high blood pressure, and heart disease.
Those are about Yucca vegetable nutrition facts. It is hopefully can make you know more about yucca and its healthy content which can avoid you from several diseases if you consume that inadequate amount.
More Post About Yucca Vegetable Nutrition Facts
- Other Post About Vegetable
- Vegetable Nutrition Facts Chart
- Spock Would Say About Vegetable Nutrition Facts
- Why No One Talks About Kale Nutrition Facts Anymore
- How Lettuce Nutrition Facts Can Help You Live a Better Life
- The Best Ways to Utilize Spinach Nutrition Facts
- Broccoli Facts: The Ultimate Healthy Vegetable
- Green Leafy Vegetables Nutrition Facts
- Fight Cancer with Nutrition Facts Broccoli
- Nutrition Facts About Vegetables
- Health Benefits Of Broccoli And Nutrition Facts
- How Calories in Broccoli is Part of a Vast Right Wing Conspiracy
- Myths Uncovered About Broccoli Nutrition Facts
- Why Fresh Raw Broccoli Nutrition Facts Ain’t as Good as it Used to Be
- The Truth of Coconut Oil Nutrition Facts You Should Know
- Asparagus Nutrition Facts That You Should Know
- About the Health Benefits of Pomegranate Seed Oil
- If You Read One Article About Canola Oil Nutrition Facts Read this One
- Vegetable Oil Nutrition Facts
- Nutrition Facts on Vegetables
- Get an Idea Of How Many Calories In Vegetables Before Your Diet Programs